I have seen so much moving over the last couple of years.
Moving in Christ.
Moving in Christ refers to living your life with the belief that God is always present, guiding us, and living according to His will. "In Him we live and move and have our being" Acts 17:28
I have felt it in my own life, and been blessed to watch God moving in the lives of my children and husband.
Moving in Christ.
Moving in Christ refers to living your life with the belief that God is always present, guiding us, and living according to His will. "In Him we live and move and have our being" Acts 17:28
I have felt it in my own life, and been blessed to watch God moving in the lives of my children and husband.
Life over the past couple of years has been hard, but because of the kids I have been having to feel like I have had to be strong.
A year ago I was driving to my mom's house in January thinking I was going to be saying goodbye. Watching my dad struggle with fear of her passing was so very hard. I stuffed all my feelings of fears and sorry down because I had to be strong for my dad, and my older kids who are very close to my mom.
A few months later, my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Once again, I had to stuff down my feelings and be strong for the kids, for Mark. In the back of my mind I felt I was going through a million emotions. I was scared, scared because I never thought my brother would be gone in his early 50s to cancer, and here was my husband, also diagnosed in his early 50s. Was I going to lose him like my sister in law lost my brother? Were my kids going to lose their dad like my nephews lost their dad?
For a total of about 3 months (if you added up all the time) my husband was in the hospital and we were unable to visit.
Thank goodness for internet and being able to video chat. Not being able to be there for him was so hard. The whole month of September while he was in the hospital I was so sick I was hardly able to walk.
I was coughing, running fevers, short of breath, and overall weak. I was unable to drive anywhere, thankfully I had shopped the week before and had enough to last us until I was able to drive. The kids are unable to meal plan or help out much with any cooking so even being sick I was having to take care of all that on my own. They are also not able to take care of the chickens so I was having to take care of them as well. Just walking to the chicken coop would send me into fits of coughing and wear me out.
However, there have been some things that have kept us going and plugging away even through we often wanted to fall apart.
God has been really working on my husband the past couple of years. Before we moved here, he was a Christian, but never much of a church goer. Where we now live, everyone has been so amazing at our church, he has been enjoying going to church rather than feeling like he has to go.
Through the last year my husband has been trying to be strong for everyone as well. At the start of his diagnoses he asked the elders of our church to pray over him. They did. That summer a lot of the local churches got together in a tiny town close to us and had a revival that lasted a week. My husband told our pastor that day, that he knew that God was working and their prayers would be answered and that when (not if) he was given the diagnoses of remission he would be baptized again.
A year ago I was driving to my mom's house in January thinking I was going to be saying goodbye. Watching my dad struggle with fear of her passing was so very hard. I stuffed all my feelings of fears and sorry down because I had to be strong for my dad, and my older kids who are very close to my mom.
A few months later, my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Once again, I had to stuff down my feelings and be strong for the kids, for Mark. In the back of my mind I felt I was going through a million emotions. I was scared, scared because I never thought my brother would be gone in his early 50s to cancer, and here was my husband, also diagnosed in his early 50s. Was I going to lose him like my sister in law lost my brother? Were my kids going to lose their dad like my nephews lost their dad?
For a total of about 3 months (if you added up all the time) my husband was in the hospital and we were unable to visit.
Thank goodness for internet and being able to video chat. Not being able to be there for him was so hard. The whole month of September while he was in the hospital I was so sick I was hardly able to walk.
I was coughing, running fevers, short of breath, and overall weak. I was unable to drive anywhere, thankfully I had shopped the week before and had enough to last us until I was able to drive. The kids are unable to meal plan or help out much with any cooking so even being sick I was having to take care of all that on my own. They are also not able to take care of the chickens so I was having to take care of them as well. Just walking to the chicken coop would send me into fits of coughing and wear me out.
However, there have been some things that have kept us going and plugging away even through we often wanted to fall apart.
God has been really working on my husband the past couple of years. Before we moved here, he was a Christian, but never much of a church goer. Where we now live, everyone has been so amazing at our church, he has been enjoying going to church rather than feeling like he has to go.
Through the last year my husband has been trying to be strong for everyone as well. At the start of his diagnoses he asked the elders of our church to pray over him. They did. That summer a lot of the local churches got together in a tiny town close to us and had a revival that lasted a week. My husband told our pastor that day, that he knew that God was working and their prayers would be answered and that when (not if) he was given the diagnoses of remission he would be baptized again.
Over the past year I have seen Christ moving in our youngest son. He has prayed over people, he has helped as a door greeter, he has helped as an usher, and he has covered others with towels as they have stepped out of the baptisimal.
One of our daughters has learned worship songs in ASL so she could sign at our church.
Our kids have worked hard to learn bible verses and hymns every month in addition to their regular schoolwork.
Life has been busy, but it is beautiful, hard but beautiful.
In this season of our lives, we are pulling back from social media. A few years ago I left facebook, but now it is time to pull back farther. To focus on God, our family, and our community.
I will still update this blog from time to time... but for now I need to focus on what is in front of me, not on a screen.
May God bless you and keep you well, may He guide your path and give you the strength and comfort you need during the hard times as well as peace and joy in your journey.



.jpg)












.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment